Friday, October 10, 2008

Quick trip to Nashville!



Mom, Dad, and I took a quick trip to Nashville at the end of September. We left on a Thursday morning and had a great day to travel. We arrived at Katie and Brian's just in time to eat supper--rootbeer roast--no kidding! SO GOOD! On Friday Katie was able to get off early and we headed to the gargancuous flea market (sorry Brian)! I always find something I want there, and this time was no exception. Nothing big, but just what I wanted. Thursday night we went to eat at this place called Monelle's (I think). WOW! It was like sitting at Grandma's old farmhouse and passing LOADS of food around this huge table. It was a family style dinner and the food tasted like Grandma cooked it--fried chicken, fried catfish, ribs, beans, corn casserole, mashed potatoes, collard greens, strawberry shortcake, etc. Makes your mouth water, doesn't it?!?! Saturday we took Katie to do a little clothes shopping. She was able to find two outfits she liked, but she had to try on 50 to find them! Nothing changes with Katie!! We watched a movie in Brian's theater room Saturday evening--just like being in your own private theater. We had a great time, even though it's never long enough. We headed back Sunday morning. You can see from the pictures that little girl (Kharis or Charis) is growing. Katie says she's kicking like crazy! Can't wait to tickle her!!

No comments: