Sunday, October 26, 2008

Football Fever!


On October 10th, I once again got to experience being a football widow! Several weeks ago Mick got a call from Tipton High School (where he used to teach and coach football). They asked him to come back and help them celebrate 50 years of football at Tipton. All coaches and players (living!) were asked to return for special recognition. He just mentioned to me one day that he was going to drive up to Tipton to the football game. I told him I'd love to go with him! When we got there, they handed him a t-shirt and the players from the past began to gather. I finally took a seat in the stands and didn't see him again until the game was over! Mick and those players relived and replayed every play from every football game. They also discussed all the smelly stories from the locker room. He was recognized at half time and given a neat blanket with "Tipton Cardinals Football--50 years" embroidered on it. In a nutshell I would describe as follows.
The drive to Tipton--memories (that's what we discussed)
The drive home from Tipton--brutal (tired)
The game--priceless (to see Mick with his past)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Mick. You left your mark on Tipton and it was a positive one for sure.
Love, Dad A.