OK, so Ashley thinks I need to blog my story. I'm going to try to do this without offending anyone. Here goes.
We have been waiting to have a new roof put on our house. I got a call Monday morning that a crew was on their way to begin work on the roof. Yahoo! We got home Monday night and the crew was working away--bunches of them! Didn't understand any of them. Anyway, they worked up until dark. There was a chance of rain, so Mick and I went out to see if everything would be OK if it rained and to find out how long it would take them to complete the job. I asked the first guy and he just smiled and indicated that he didn't understand a word I was saying. I saw another guy talking on a cell phone and came to the conclusion he was the one in charge. We asked him about rain and he said everything would be OK and a few other things about the roof--not exactly sure what. Well, roofing crews always bring a dumpster to throw away all the excess, so it was parked in our driveway right up against the garage. I noticed that several of the guys were tying a tarp over the dumpster (this was a huge dumpster on wheels with extended walls--as tall as our roof) and my first thought was "Why would you put a tarp over a construction dumpster?", but decided I wasn't in this business, so I wouldn't know any better. The guy asked if he could leave the dumpster in our driveway and pick it up in the morning. My second thought was "Why do you need to pick it up? It's not full yet." But I said sure!
I went on up to get ready for bed and began watching TV. I heard a noise and thought it sounded like a phone, but it wasn't my ring. When Mick came up, I told him one of the guys may have left a phone, but I had no idea where to begin looking for it. Well, it rang again and poked my head out the window to try to get an idea where to look. Told Mick I would go down and see if I could find it--didn't want it to get wet. When I went outside (with robe on), I headed toward the dumpster to try to find that phone. I heard a scuffle INSIDE the dumpster and hightailed it back into the house. I whispered to Mick that I thought there was someone inside the dumpster. He proceeded to moan, but follow me back outside to check out the situation. Neither of us had a clue what we would do if we discovered someone. Anyway, we didn't hear anything, nor did we find the phone.
So, we hear in-charge guy come back about 1/2 hour later (his truck was loud) and he said one of the guys left his phone. I said yes I heard it. I told him to call the number and he would be able to find it. He said he already did, but didn't hear anything. He began looking around the dumpster and assured us he would find it. Mick sent me back inside at this time. The guy ended up crawling into the dumpster and came out with the phone. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Was there someone in there who had turned OFF the phone and then handed it to him when he crawled in? Anyway, he left and I didn't sleep well the rest of the night. I got up from time to time to listen out the window and I KNOW I heard noises coming from that dumpster. Mick just shakes his head at me.
Guess it will always be a mystery, but I have my opinion!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've just reported this to the Immigration Authorities. They should have a team there soon. Please have your birth certificate ready to present to them to clearly state that you are a US Citizen.
Anyway, while you're waiting, you might go see if they have any homemade tamales.
I'm just sayin....
Hey, Kathy! If you want me to do so, I'll come down and get that idiot out of the dumpster with a handy dandy shotgun. One shot into the side of it and if there is someone in there, he will be out like a shot! :)
Dad A.
Why didn't you call me?? We could have snuck around the back and spied on them!!!!!!!!!him, I mean, or I don't know...could have been an alien, or a SPOOK!
Post a Comment